Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Disappearing Banana Muffins


Disappearing Banana Muffins

This is my great grandmother's recipe. I hope you try it and enjoy it! If you are making mini muffins you can get 30 out of this recipe. I have taken these muffins on road trips and the kids and parents gobble them up.

 


 3 ripe bananas

2 eggs

2 cups AP flour

1/2 cup sugar

1 t salt

1 t baking soda

Mash the bananas in a large bowl, then add eggs. Mix well. In a separate, bowl mix together flour, salt, baking soda and sugar. I also add a dash of nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. Now mix the flour mix with the banana/egg mix.

Spoon batter into non-stick mini muffin tins. I use a portion scoop, 1 oz, that way I know all my muffins will be the same size.

I use the mini muffin tins because they cook quickly.  If you don't have enough batter for all the spaces add water, that will help your product to bake evenly.

Bake at 400 for 9-11minutes (depending on oven)

Nutrient Analysis based on 30 mini muffins:

Amounts given are per muffin:

Calories: 58

Total fat: 0.4 g

Cholesterol: 12 mg

Sodium: 123 mg

Carbohydrates: 12.4 g

Protein: 1.4g



Money saving tip: I buy my bananas when they are placed on the discount rack at the store. Then I freeze them, whole, 3 per ziplock bag. When I want to make this recipe I thaw the whole bananas in warm water, then cut the top off and squeeze out the banana like a tube of tooth paste.

You never have to throw out a brown banana again.

 by Kimberly Smith Lukhard, MS, RD, LDN


No comments:

Post a Comment